Friday, September 21, 2007

Onward

So, another day in lovely Seattle, then up to Vancouver to visit my mum. Its a shame I don't have the kids with me, I know they'd all love to see each other, but such is life sometimes. My father's gravestone finally has been laid last week, so we'll go and visit. I am really looking forward to seeing her. Plus, my sister who lives in Southern Washington State is coming up to have dinner tonight. It won't be a restful weekend, but it will be a good one.

Its been a good trip workwise. Its always fascinating to see what Microsoft is up to. We're getting a view of what's coming in the next two years, not the stuff out there now. A lot of it is background stuff, but the convergence of voice, IM and email is quite exciting. Your inbox will change, and in many ways disappear. Become more a store, rather than your primary interface.

Plus conversations about how to move people on to the new version of office. I have mixed views on that. The interface is very changed. If you haven't seen it, your normal top bar is completely different. I've been using it for a while, and it does take some getting used to. It can still be irritating, as it tries to show you want it thinks you want, and occasionally gets it wrong. When it does get it right, its very very useful.

But onwards. My long trip is almost done. I'm absolutely knackered, not getting more than 5 hours or so sleep a night. My poor internal clock is completely screwed up. Had a very nice dinner last night at a posh steak house. An absolutely brilliant steak, but once I'd finished it I almost feel asleep into my plate. Had to just head out back to the hotel and leave the festivities. Very unsocial, but I'm a bit beyond caring...

|



<< Home