Thursday, August 09, 2007

The daughter formerly known as princess

You’ve got to wonder if children are mind readers. Through her young life I have called my daughter “Princess” in my mind, but not to her in person. There are a host of endearments I’ve used, plus a few she’s chosen herself, such as “Baby Foal”.

Just this weekend, as I had mentally decided to stop calling her “Princess”, she plops herself in my lap and regally informs me that henceforth I am to call her “Princess”. No one else is mind you, just me. I suspect this has something to do with our playing princess and guard out at the rocks on the beaches in Cornwall, but the timing is uncanny.

So, like the aging rockstar formerly known as Squiggle, my daughter shall return to be called the appropriate honorific of “Princess”. Long may she live.

|



<< Home