Friday, August 10, 2007

Being Cross

Today, this report about the healthcare company Johnson & Johnson sueing the Red Cross for copyright infringement. Thought the Red Cross was founded before J&J used the symbol there is appearently an 1895 agreement that gave J&J total commercial rights to the red cross symbol. The Amercian Red Cross has been licensing the symbol for use on products such as children's first aid kits.

As consumers we have only one weapon against innappropriate commercial greed, to not buy. Over the years I've engaged in personl boycotts on companies that I felt made innappropriate or even immoral commercial decisions. I still don't buy Nestle products I'm so irrate about how they sell infant formula in developing and even developed countries.

So, can I ask, if you agree, that you stop buying Johnson and Johnson products? They are bang out of order on this one.

|



<< Home