Thursday, February 15, 2007

Relax

I wook up with the most curious sensation this morning. I still felt tired, and could quite happily have slept longer, but I suddenly relaised I had nothing more arduous planned than a swimming expidition with number two son. I was relaxed.

True enough, it hasn't been much of a holiday week, in that I've had phone calls every day. Lots of loose ends to tie up. A bit of a shame I'm not taking more than a week, as by next week I wouldn't be needed so much (I'm not fool enough to think I'm indispensible). But the kids would be back at school next week, so there's not quite the incentive.

We've got a holiday planned for around Easter, going away to somewhere warm with a beach, so that's something to look forward to. We should have gone skiing this week, but didn't get ourselves organised enough, and LL couldn't arrange cover at work.

Still, its nice to have the pressure lifted a bit. I'm getting lots of small chores done (replaced a light bulb this morning, and patched a bit of fence that some rabbits nipped through). I'm also quite enjoying having an evening meal every day en famile. If I could change one thing about my life, it would be to get home to have dinner with my family every day. I really miss that, though we make up for it at the weekends.

Any way, no real point to this post, other than to say I'm relaxed.

|



<< Home