Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Anger

I must have been prescient in my post yesterday. No, LL and I aren’t getting divorced, but Imperatrix commented marriage is sometimes very hard, and we had a very hard day.

I’m still not entirely sure what went wrong. Well, I have an idea, there was an incident earlier in the day, but I’m not sure how the connection was made to it being my fault. So I faced an evening of stony silence. No eye contact, none of our usual touching or cuddling. When some leaves where found broken off a plant, she went off on one. Thankfully the kids where asleep.

My LL has a temper see. 99% of the time she’s calm, cool and lovely. That one percent of the time, which has a casual correlation with that time of the month (ie, that probability of her temper flaring then is much higher, but its not restricted so). It is that time of the month, so I suppose that is part of what happened.

We went to bed in silence, nothing resolved, nothing discussed. I know I should have broken the conversation, got it into the open, but I was too tired. I’d had a hard day at work, and just emotionally couldn’t face it. So we broke that rule about going to bed angry. Needless to say I had a lousy night’s sleep.

If she’s still angry tonight, I’ll open it up. Face the music and talk it through. For the moment though I’m baffled, tired, and not a little bit angry myself.

|



<< Home